It’s just a text. Or a post. Only a few words. It’s not like I punched or kicked someone. No biggie.
Or is it? Just how big is cyberbullying to a victim?
- 25 percent of teenagers report that they have experienced repeated bullying via their cell phone or on the internet.
- Over half (52 percent) off young people report being cyberbullied.
- Embarrassing or damaging photographs taken without the knowledge or consent of the subject has been reported by 11 percent of adolescents and teens.
- Of the young people who reported cyberbullying incidents against them, one-third (33 percent) of them reported that their bullies issued online threats.
- Often, both bullies and cyberbullies turn to hate speech to victimize their target. One-tenth of all middle school and high school students have been on the receiving end of ‘hate terms’ hurled against them.
- Over half, (55 percent) of all teens who use social…
View original post 233 more words